Thursday, September 2, 2010

China - Day 77 - Begin the Countdown

Wow, I'm leaving China in 10 days. It's hard to believe I've been here for almost three months, I'm actually starting to get used to it, but at the same time I'm anxious to return home to the life I led for 21 years before these last 3 months. It's going to be nice to go back to a place that I speak the language, but I'm not quite there yet.

Things have been excruciatingly slow at work this week. There are delays on the machining line set-up as we have to keep waiting for control parts. It's frustrating because I understand the problem, but not enough to help fix it, so I'm just waiting for parts to come in.

The good news is that our company basketball game looks like it's actually going to happen. We're scheduled to play tomorrow at 5, so hopefully nothing else goes wrong and I can actually play in the game I've been looking forward to all summer. We apparently have another game scheduled for Tuesday, so I might get two games in. I'm excited

The less good news is that the weather has been absolutely miserable for the last week and there are no indications of it letting up any time soon. There are currently 3 typhoons in the South China Sea that are dumping rain on Eastern China. Apparently they closed middle schools in Shanghai, it's that bad. Even though we're about 100 miles inland, we're still getting rained on. Woo.

No comments: