Friday, July 7, 2006

Germany 2006: The Sequel

After Vienna we went back through Germany, stopping in Munich. We got to Munich taking a sleeper train and from that experience I can confidently say that that is something I don't think I ever want to do again. In Munich, we took a tour with Mike's Bikes and I have to say, it is probably the best tour I've ever taken. The guides were hilarious, we had a great time touring the English Gardens and seeing the river surfers.
The next day we took a tour of Fussen, where the Castle Neuschwanstein (the basis for Cinderella's Castle) is. The guy who had it built, Baron Ludwig I believe, was absolutely bat-shit insane. Oh, and as we were leaving we got hit by a thunderstorm that was absolutely insane. Our tour bus was shaking from side to side from the driving raining. The lightning came within a mile of our location, but thankfully we didn't get hit.




The Chinese Pagoda. In the English Gardens. In Munich. Yeah, figure that one out.




Surfers? In my river?

No comments: