Tuesday, June 27, 2006

France 2006

I'll be honest, I can see why people love to come to Paris and why it's called the City of Love, but frankly, it just wasn't for me. I did enjoy the architecture and the historic nature of much of the city. And I rather enjoyed visiting Normandy, even though my parents had the brilliant idea of walking to the beach from the train station, through the entire rain-soaked town.




The Pompidou Center. The architectural design is inside out, that is in fact an escalator on the outside of the building. The inside is equally screwy.



The Arc d' Triomphe. Taken from the middle of crosswalk, Parisians sure don't like that.




Inside an old German artillery battery in Normandy. I'm surrendering to Dan, definitely don't look ridiculous.




Racing to the Atlantic Ocean. I won.

No comments: